We've complied an extensive list of our favorite hotels to open in the Americas. See what the excitement is all about.
1.Exchange Hotel Vancouver - The Exchange Hotel at the corner of Howe St and Pender St in the heart of Vancouver’s Central Business District will be a 202 room 4 star boutique hotel occupying the first 11 floors of the world class Exchange Tower being developed by Credit Suisse. A world class restaurant, Hydra, will be overlooking the 60 foot high lobby atrium. (Summer 2018)
2. Four Season Montreal - Four Seasons Hotel Montreal will be part of a luxury mixed-use development located in the city’s iconic Golden Mile Square, just minutes from both the financial and commercial districts as well as the cobblestone streets and modern art galleries of Montreal. A striking, contemporary new-build, the 163-room and exclusive Private Residences will feature a state-of-the-art spa, an indoor pool, a fitness center and extensive event spaces. Adding to Montreal’s ever-evolving food scene, the Hotel will also offer three world-class dining venues including a stunning sun-filled outdoor terrace. (Late 2018)
3. Rosewood Santa Barbara – Set to open in 2018 approximately 80 miles northwest of Los Angeles within the county of Santa Barbara. The resort will be located on the site of the former Miramar Beach Hotel, an important landmark in the local community, and will serve as a world-class destination. Amenities at Rosewood Miramar Beach Montecito will include an oceanfront bar and restaurant with an outdoor terrace, a signature restaurant, two swimming pools, a Sense® spa, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and an exclusive membership-only beach club.
4. Fairmont Century Plaza, Los Angeles- Originally designed by Minoru Yamasaki, Fairmont Century Plaza will be transformed by world-renowned architecture firms Pei Cobb Freed, Gensler and Marmol Radzinger and the internationally acclaimed design group Yabu Pushelberg. The team will revision the hotel’s renowned lobby, connecting it to a series of public plazas and fountains with two-acres of open space and gardens, surrounded by restaurants and retail boutiques. (To open in 2018)
5. Edition West Hollywood - Located at 9040 West Sunset Boulevard on the east corner of West Sunset Boulevard and North Doheny Drive, features 190 guest rooms, 20 luxury residences and over 5,200 sq. ft. of meeting space. Food and beverage outlets include a signature restaurant, a lobby lounge, rooftop venue and a nightclub/bar. A rooftop pool and a 4-treatment room spa will also be available. (October 2018)
6. Kimpton La Peer, Los Angeles - Tucked into a sunny, tree-lined street, Kimpton La Peer Hotel delivers unbuttoned luxury in L.A.’s exclusive Design District. From the sculptural walls to a dramatic feather chandelier, the hotel evokes a quintessential West Hollywood style. Kimpton La Peer Hotel features 105 guest rooms and suites, a rooftop event space, pool and more than 8,000 square feet of indoor and Italian fare with outdoor dining and lounge spaces. (Now Open)
7. NY Edition Times Square - Located at 701 Seventh Avenue on the corner of 47th Street, features 452 guest rooms with four levels of public space including a 5,000 sq. ft. performance venue, a 1,900 sq. ft. meeting studio, state-of-the-art fitness center and a lobby lounge at check in level. The hotel also boasts distinctive food and beverage outlets including a signature restaurant leading out onto a 5,800 sq. ft. beer garden and event deck overlooking Times Square, and an all-day dining venue also featuring terraces with views of Times Square. (Mid 2018)
8. Mr. C Seaport- Situated in Lower Manhattan near the Financial District, the Cipriani family introduce Mr. C Seaport to be part of the revitalization of the Seaport District. The hotel will host 66 rooms including 6 premium suites with panoramic balcony terraces. Rooms will be equipped with lustrous teak veneer, rain showers, 50” interactive 4K televisions and fine Italian linens. Additional amenities include a welcoming Lobby Lounge for “aperitivo” or afternoon tea, flexible private function space, fitness center facilities and a traditional Cipriani Italian dining experience. The hotel will be by the new food hall, Pier 17 which will house restaurants by Jean Georges and the Momofuku Group. (Mid April 2018)
9. Four Seasons Philadelphia- rowning the skyline’s tallest tower, the brand-new Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center showcases new restaurants by Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and James Beard Award-winner Greg Vernick, along with a 57th-floor spa and indoor infinity pool. Anticipate Philadelphia’s ultimate urban luxury hotel experience. (Fall 2018)
10. Celino South Beach - With an eye towards revitalizing Ocean Drive, The Celino South Beach is set to transform the historic Park Central Hotel and two other buildings into a 132 room boutique hotel at 640 Ocean Drive. They will also build a new five-story atrium structure. The property will have three food and beverage outlets, a ground level swimming pool and a rooftop glass-bottom pool in addition to a sundeck. According to a press release, the aesthetic will be “rich in tropical class and Latin charisma” with early renderings of rooms and common areas awash in pale hues reminiscent of the sunset and seashore. (Early 2018)
11. Palihouse Miami Beach*- Trendy Los Angeles-based boutique hotel group Paligroup has its eyes on both Miami and Seattle as the first two cities outside of California to expand its brand. With popular hotels in Santa Monica, West Hollywood and Melrose, they plan to open Palihouse Miami Beach at 3101 Indian Creek Drive, just a few blocks north of The Freehand Miami. With a similarly eclectic, shabby chic aesthetic, they should make for cozy neighbors. The 70-room hotel will feature a lobby bar, pool, beach service and private dock. (Early 2019)
12. Rosewood at Baha Mar - The resort will offer 185 ocean view rooms and suites, as well as five luxurious beachfront villas, which will be contemporary and residential in style. All guestrooms will have private balconies with outdoor living areas, while the luxurious four-bedroom villas will offer exceptional tranquility, exclusive services and a private pool. Amenities will include four signature dining venues including Commonwealth, a farm-to-table restaurant that will include a private Rum Room for exclusive, island-style dinners. Recreational facilities will include Sense, A Rosewood Spa, salon, barber shop, fitness center, two private swimming pools and luxury cabanas. Additionally, guests will have direct and private beach access. (Spring 2018)
13. Rosewood Little Dix Bay *- Although Rosewood Little Dix Bay was closed and under renovation, the resort did sustain damage and therefore will not re-open in 2017 as originally planned. The scope of the renovation includes the conversion of ninety keys into seventy-eight keys, reconfiguring villas into suites, demolition and rebuilding of the Beach Grille, renovation of two restaurants and back of house, infrastructure work, and landscaping/hardscaping. Now the anticipated time the resort will re-open is late 2019, although currently the resort remains closed for all future reservations.
14. Montage Hotel Los Cabos - Montage Hotels & Resorts is aiming to open its first international property with Montage Los Cabos. The 124-guest room, 52-Montage Residence luxury beachfront resort is set for May 2018. At the resort, guests are invited to take advantage of the highly-personalized wellness programs and treatments at the signature Spa Montage. A stay at Montage Los Cabos also provides access to the nearby Fred Couples Signature golf course and the Twin Dolphin Golf Club. The resort also includes two pools and Montage’s own immersive children’s program, Paintbox. (May 2018)
15. Viceroy Los Cabos- Viceroy Los Cabos is a beachfront resort, a canvas of architectural achievement, located in San José del Cabo on the outer rim of Baja California Sur. Minutes away from downtown San José del Cabo, guests can take in the art walk of San José and its colonial architecture, explore multiple dining options, and discover local culture. Viceroy Los Cabos will open in Spring 2018, having taken over management of Hotel Mar Adentro, originally created by leading Mexican architect Miguel Angel Aragonés. The striking hotel will re-launch as Viceroy Los Cabos, the group's 14th property, and a member of The Viceroy Icon Collection. The launch will coincide with the resort hosting the 2018 'Gala de Danza,' a mesmerizing dance and music festival celebrating artistry and creativity.
16. Zadún-Ritz Carlton - Only the fourth of its kind in the world, Zadún, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve brings a rare resort experience to the coast of San José del Cabo. Capturing the beauty of both the desert and the Sea of Cortez, the resort features 115 elegantly appointed villas, many with private pools, two championship golf courses and a desert botanical park. (early 2018)
17. St. Regis Kanai Resort, Riviera Maya - The St. Regis Kanai Riviera Maya, which will bring the brand’s bespoke style of luxury to the resort area and represent the brand’s third hotel in Latin America, joining St. Regis Mexico City and St. Regis Punta Mita. The property, which was originally scheduled to open in 2011 but encountered massive delays, will feature 124 guestrooms and suites, 32 villas, four restaurants, a signature Remede Spa, oceanfront swimming pools and two 18-hole signature golf courses designed by Jose Maria Olazabal and Nick Faldo. The32 exclusive villas will include private swimming pools and indigenous Mexican design accents with full access to the hotel’s facilities. The resort will be located in the Riviera Maya area, 10 km (6 mi) from Playa del Carmen and 38 km (24 mi) from the Cancun airport. (December 2018)
18. W Kanai Retreat- There’s another major Riviera Maya hotel development waiting in the Kanai area. The 180-room W Retreat & Spa Kanai is being designed to appear to float on a carpet of mangroves set against a backdrop of sea and sky. Guestrooms will have unobstructed views of the sea and interior spaces will merge with an exterior deck furnished with lounge seating, cocktail bar, exterior tub and shower. The decks will be enclosed by retractable privacy screens and sun shading louvers. When the resort opens late 2018, it will have W’s signature Away Spa, with more than 10,500 square feet of indoor and outdoor treatment space, and 7,500 square feet of event space. (December 2018)
19. Chablé Resort- Chablé resort is a five-star spa retreat spread across 750 acres on Mexico’s famed Yucatan Peninsula. Its 38 spacious stand-alone pool villas and two expansive 3-bedroom presidential estates are nestled within lush gardens. Nearby, a XIX century traditional “Hacienda” offers a completely restored, secluded retreat recalling the elegance and sophistication of the past. The retreat’s crowning jewel is its world-class spa, the first-ever created inside a “cenote.” (Aug 2018)
20. W Hotel Panama- W Panama will be part of the 50-floor Evolution Tower, a mixed-use building in Panama City’s financial district. It will offer a fully integrated, contemporary lifestyle experience, including 203 stylish guest rooms, with 24 suites, three Wow suites, and one Extreme Wow suite (the W brand’s take on the Presidential Suite), two signature restaurants, the W Living Room experience (reinterpretation of the traditional hotel lobby), destination nightclub, WET pool deck, spa and 8,400 square foot WORKOUT fitness facility. It will be the first W hotel in Central America and is set to become a new landmark in the city. (March 2018)
21. Rosewood Papagayo* - The hotel will be situated on the northwest coast within the province of Guanacaste, renowned for its tropical forests and picturesque sandy beaches. The resort, which will be located a short drive from Liberia International Airport, will be nestled into the hillside which gently cascades down to a golden sand beach, providing guests with stunning views over the Gulf of Papagayo. (Late 2019)
22. Grand Hyatt Bogotá - Hyatt’s first luxury hotel in one of South America’s new capitals of cool will bring Grand Hyatt-brand hallmarks and reflect the vibrant energy of this budding metropolis. In the heart of the prestigious new Ciudad Empresarial Sarmiento Angulo development, the hotel will have two signature restaurants and an expansive spa. The 373 spacious rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows will showcase panoramic city or Andes Mountains views (Summer 2018)
23. Viceroy Cartagena - A whole new world of glamour is about to appear in the 16th-century-walled city of Cartagena de Indias, on Colombia’s Caribbean Coast, in the shape of Viceroy Cartagena Colombia. Promising opulence, extravagance and sass, the mood starts in the sleek modern lobby with cascading waterfalls, Spanish-style arches and woodsy palette. Expect a hanging garden effect throughout the entire hotel, and airy and expansive rooms with timber beamed ceilings, tiles and textures. Other features include a courtyard pool, fitness centre, urban spa and several restaurants. The rooftop pool and bar will provide a 360-degree views of Cartagena, which is sure to become one of the city’s most glitzy locations. (2018)
24. Awasi Iguazú - Located on the banks of the Iguazú River, Awasi Iguazú—a luxurious eco-resort on the Argentine side of the falls that will open in February—is a hidden paradise set among the Atlantic Forest’s tropical flora. Set high above the red-earth forest floor on stilts for minimal environmental impact, the new Awasi is home to just 14 villas, each secreted away among the canopy of flowering cassia and tibouchina trees. Each villa features a private living room, an indoor and outdoor shower, and an outdoor deck with sun loungers and a personal plunge pool. The property also includes one master villa, which is large enough to accommodate two couples or families. (Now Open)
25. Rosewood São Paulo*- Rosewood São Paulo will be located in an historic 1904 building that was formerly a maternity hospital and lies at the centre of Cidade Matarazzo, a complex of elegant, preserved buildings that were built in the early 20th century. Rosewood São Paulo will feature 151 guestrooms and 122 owners' suites, which will be situated within a vertical park created by Nouvel. Two restaurants, including one located on a veranda overlooking the lush hotel gardens, will be complemented by a bar and a caviar lounge. Recreational facilities will include two swimming pools (one rooftop pool and one set amongst the landscaped grounds) and a large spa with six treatment rooms and fitness area. Hotel guests will also be able to access an adjoining music studio, a screening room and high-end retail stores within the development. (2019)
26. Mandarin Oriental Santiago - Hotel Santiago is located in the heart of the city’s most important commercial and leisure district, known as Las Condes, home to two luxury shopping malls, restaurants, museums and theatres. The property has 310 guestrooms including 23 suites with commanding views of the city and the Andes. Its 25,000-square meter grounds contain a large free-form outdoor pool and landscaped gardens which provide a resort environment for guests. The hotel currently features five restaurants and bars as well as extensive banqueting and meeting space. Additional facilities include a spa and fitness center.
We would also like to feature Zimbabwe Great Plains Conservation opening in Africa. Great Plains has secured land in the Sapi area east of Mana Pools and will be building 2 camps similar in style to Duba Expedition / Selinda Explorer. One camp will be on the Lower Zambezi River and the other will be inland. In addition Great Plains will be building a luxury camp 20 minutes from Victoria Falls in the Zambezi National Park. (June 2018)
*Denotes the hotel will be open in 2019